AusIndustry National Marketing Tracking Survey, 2002
B. User Requirements, Survey Objectives, and Budget
Why do you need to conduct a survey? (B1)
How will the survey outputs meet the needs specified in B1? (B2)
· Awareness of AusIndustry, and of the programs it administers across its target market;
· Understanding of AusIndustry programs, and whether businesses consider them to be worthwhile applying for;
· How businesses have learnt about AusIndustry programs, and effectiveness of different sources of information;
· Response to AusIndustry “messages” and relevance of these to businesses today; and
· How businesses would prefer that AusIndustry communicate with them: importance of a Hotline, the web site, above-the-line advertising, direct mail, seminars etc.
AusIndustry’s primary target markets for this research are:
· Businesses engaged in innovation or Research and Development that do or might participate in an AusIndustry program, especially small-medium enterprises;
The methodology for the research will be a telephone survey. The respondents for the research will be:
· In businesses, the Director of Research and Development, Finance Director or in smaller companies, the Managing Director; and
· In intermediaries, the most senior person engaged in providing services to businesses involved in innovation activities.
Return to top
What is the timetable for the survey? (B3)
The questionnaire will be based upon one that was used for the Regional Benchmarking Surveys approved by the SCH to go ahead on 13 February. A copy of this questionnaire can be provided on request. We are hoping the survey to commence around April May. At this stage, a timetable has not been developed. However, I would expect that results would be ready by end June 2002.
Return to top