TableBuilder is one of the latest additions to the suite of dissemination products offered by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. This product will be useful to researchers (academic and private sector), government departments and decision makers in general.
Similar to the TableBuilder Basic and TableBuilder Pro products, which contain Census data, TableBuilder allows users to access microdata across a range of dataset topics with added functionality to allow further analysis.
TableBuilder allows users to flexibly create tables using a web-based graphical interface. The confidentiality of respondents is protected using algorithms that are applied to tables on the fly in an efficient and seamless manner, maximising the utility of data to the user. For more information on TableBuilder please refer to the ABS website.
Topics covered in this seminar included:
- The place of TableBuilder in the ABS dissemination suite
- Comparisons to other ABS products
- The functions available in TableBuilder, including examples
- What data is currently available and anticipated TableBuilder datasets for 2014
- Overview of the confidentiality protections.
Michael Humphreys, Data Access Futures Team, Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Powerpoint Presentation - (PDF - 997KB) | Video Recording (1MB)
Return to National Statistical Seminar Series